You know the kid in you wants one of these! RoboMe™ is a completely customizable robotic buddy that uses the power of your iPhone®!
Always experimenting with new ways of displaying content on websites. Used Crazytalk to create a short animation of my Pooch named “Cujo” – Actually he is my sisters pooch, but I like to think he is mine.
I think he does a great job and we will see more of him for sure!
Connect2Car: Control your car from a mobile phone. Cell phone integration with Automobiles.
Control Your Car From Your iPhone
- Start/Stop your car from Anywhere
- Warm your car up in cold weather or get it cooled in the hot summer, range doesn’t matter anymore, its unlimited. Your cell phone is right in your pockets, so is your car control
- Lock or Unlock your doors
- Real time GPS location tracking
- Remote Vehicle Shutdown
And much more Details Here
I came across this video and it explains very well the basics of getting started with SEO and can be used as an “SEO Checklist”
- User Friendly Site
- Keywords that you want to be found for included in pages and something like Google Adwords
- Quality Content
- Social Media, blogs, etc.
- Link Building
There is so much about this subject that it really would not be effective for me to try and cover all the SEO topics here. This SEO Checklist is just designed to be a simple, easy to understand set of steps to get you started in the right direction. This really is the “Holy Grail” when it comes to how to get you site found online and requires a lot of time and effort to do it properly.
Google AdWords Thank You Video – How do they do it? A while ago Google created this video to thank their AdWords customers and it is pretty amazing how they can have my name appear throughout the video!
If you are already running an Internet marketing campaign or are about to embark on an Internet marketing campaign, one concept you cannot afford to skimp on is search engine optimization or SEO. SEO is one of the most popular buzz words in Internet marketing but unfortunately most Internet marketers simply do not know enough about SEO to make this strategy work for them. Even those who are knowledgeable about SEO may have difficulty executing their SEO strategies to produce the desired affect.
Advertising is a very important part of running any type of business. You need to advertise to reach new customers and market your products or services. Whether you run your business online or not you probably already realize how important it is to advertise but if you are running your business online you should understand there is a great deal of free advertising available in the form of optimal search engine rankings.
Well known search engines such as Google rank websites according to complex algorithms which are designed to determine which websites are most relevant for particular search terms. Therefore taking the time and effort to optimize your website for relevant search terms may result in you being rewarded with high search engine rankings for these terms. This is important because most Internet users rely heavily on these rankings. It is not uncommon for Internet users to only review the first few results when they search for a particular term. This means if your website ranks high enough to appear on the first page of the search results you will likely enjoy increased website traffic. However, if your website doesn’t make it to the first page or even the second page, it is unlikely you will receive a great deal of traffic from visitors who use search engines.
Now that you understand why search engine rankings are so important you might wonder how to achieve these rankings. The easiest way to optimize your website is to hire an SEO specialist to do the work for you. The world of SEO is complex and continually evolving making it difficult for most business owners who do not specialize in SEO to keep up with the changes in the industry. Therefore, business owners who attempt to optimize their website by themselves may have difficulty keeping up with competitors who hire a SEO consultant to optimize their website.
The algorithms used by search engines can be rather complex and include a number of factors. Some of the common factors in the equation include keyword density, META tags, titles, inbound links, website traffic and content.
Keyword density refers to the number of times a particular keyword is used in the content of your website. The theory behind this concept is that websites which use a keyword often are likely extremely relevant to that keyword, however, overuse of that keyword may result in penalties to the website if the search engine deemed the keywords are not being used appropriately.
META tags are pieces of HTML code which some search engines use in evaluating the content of a website. Placing keywords in these tags can be beneficial in some search engines. However, care should be taken to avoid placing irrelevant keywords in these tags as this may result in your website being penalized.
Inbound links are also used by some search engines to rank websites. Inbound links refer to links on other websites which point to your website. In evaluating the worth of these inbound links, some search engines consider the rank of the website providing the link to your website. This means you should make sure the website providing inbound links to your website are high-ranking websites to receive the most benefit from these links.
Finally, the content on your website can do a great deal to bolster your search engine rankings. Most SEO firms keep a staff of writers who are skilled at providing quality content which is also optimized for relevant keywords. If you hire a SEO firm who does not provide copy-writing services you should invest in hiring a professional writer yourself. This will help to make sure the copy on your website is not only valuable to your visitors but also considered valuable to search engines.
My Own AdWords Test
Without going into all the crazy details below and elsewhere on this website, look at it this way.
Your website is now the front door to your business. You have mere seconds to grab some bodies attention and give them a reason to pick you to do business with.
The top 2 things you have to do without question is
- Website design following good SEO practices and keywords that will be used as part of your AdWords campaign to help searchers find you.
- Create content, especially videos explaining your product or service and post to sites like YouTube.
I don’t want to confuse you with information overload so keep this in mind when looking through this section! I will add to this list constantly and when I am talking with you about your own business ideas I may send you to links contained here for ideas and inspiration!
- Implement a Google AdWords Campaign
- Create a mobile version of your website.
- Gather email address thru various methods and use a Mail List Management system to market to that list.
- Use Social Networks such as Facebook and Twitter – Just look at this as the new way to spread word of mouth advertising.
- Create Videos on products or how to and these are also very useful ways to show testimonials from satisfied customers. Video can be hosted on your website and places like YouTube, Vimeo and others.
- Write and post articles about your expertise and post to as many places as possible.
- Follow good SEO practices.
- Make it easy for customers to buy your services or products online and give them a compelling reason to do so.
- Use onsite and offsite methods of marketing like coupons/specials
- Utilize CraigsList and mobile devices to “push” your offers to customers
- At a minimum use Google AdWords to help searches find your site.
If you find all this confusing or feel like it is a waste of time you can be sure your competitors will be doing everything they can to be on top!
Other Ideas for Promoting
Writes lots of content or pages on your website that support your products or services and make sure that it matches up with your keywords. Briefly put yourself in your customers shoes and pretend you are at home and looking for your service on a site like Google. The keywords you should pick are what you think an average person is going to type into their browser to find you.
Write many articles or pages. If you create a page about widgets make sure your content on that page talks about widgets and you should never copy content from the internet because Google and others will lower your ranking. Believe it or not the computers behind the scenes are real smart and know even if its a picture!
Start building “Link Relationships” with other people who offer products that are supportive of your services. It goes like this, if you sell widgets and another company sells widget holders, you would contact them and they would include a link to your website, and you would in turn put their link on yours. The more of these the better.
Obviously there are hundreds of additional ways to promote yourself but these should be a good start.
One of the best ways you can promote yourself is by using YouTube and other videos but I see people struggle with creating these videos.
I have found a product which is the easiest way for you to create a professional looking video that can then be posted on YouTube, Facebook, etc., and embedded in your website. All that is required for these amazing videos is a text file and for my test i just used text that was already on my website to create something like this.
I could see this working especially well for my Mom or Grandmother who does not like or want a mobile-device but everyone else could keep them updated in one central spot.
iPhone 5 Multi-Case
- Blue pen
- Red pen
- Phillips screwdriver
- Flat-head screwdriver
- Nail file
I have used many apps for creating 360 photos and this one was created with the Galileo device which has the added benefit of helping to automate the taking of the photos so you don’t have to hand hold while taking the images. More about the Galileo device here. This should allow me to create these interior 360 photos more efficiently. Interior photos are useful for things like car interior too.
360 Interior Photo
By now you may have heard about QR Codes or “Quick Response” Codes, those funny looking barcode things? Personally I have not seen it grow, or get used as much as expected, but I still see the possibilities in this technology. My own personal use for this technology, is when I am out shopping, a lot of products are starting to include QR Codes, that can be scanned and you can get lots of information quickly, such as a video explaining the product.
Another technology gaining popularity is called “Augmented Reality” and samples are included below. In a nutshell, both of these are ways of engaging and delivering content in new and unique ways.
If you scan this code, it will add Fuzzyhead contact info to your mobile device. I recommend using the app called “RedLaser” for all your bar-code and QR-Code scanning needs
If you scan this code, it will take you to my YouTube Channel
This one will launch a “Making Siri Smarter with One Word” Video
This was made out of sand, where it goes…
Check out the list below for some cool ideas for what you can use QR Codes for.
This video is actually pretty old but it is still relevant and I liked her explanation.
A List of uses for QR Codes
- Scavenger hunts
- Lost and found
- Moving and Packing-Tagging your stuff
- Multimedia cards
- Business Cards-Put a code on your business card containing all of your contact information
- Put It On A T-Shirt-Then people get sent where you want them to go
- Put It On Price Tags In A Store-Taking them to a specs page online-Best Buy does this
- Put It On Your Website Contact Us Page-People scan it and put you in their contact list
- Put It On Your Instruction Sheet-People scan it to get step-by-step instructions or maybe a video
- Put It In Print Ads-People scan to be taken to a specific landing page on your website
- Put It On A Campaign Sign-Taking people to your website
- Put It On A For-Sale Sign-Take them to a website with video and information about the item being sold like a House or Car
- Bulletin Board
- Put It On Your Luggage-If your luggage ever gets lost…
- Send a Tweet-Scanning it sends out a tweet
- Do A Location Login-Put on every table and the walls of your restaurant, does a foursquare login or a Facebook location login
- Add To Your LinkedIn Page-Passes your contact information or website
- Call Us To Place Your Order-Scan dials their phone
- Send a Teaser Postcard-Send a QR code to a potential client, which takes them to your website
- Put It On Your Conference NameTag-Contact information or website
- Put A Back-sell On Your Invoice-Taking them to a landing page making a special offer
- Put One On The End Of A Video-Takes them to a landing page, can pass source codes
- Paypal Buy Link-Scanning takes them to Paypal to buy your item
- Promote An Event-Scanning the code puts it on their calendar
- Announce Your Free WiFi-Scanning logs them into your wifi account
- Put It In Your Powerpoint Presentation